You were unsure which pain is worse. The shock of what happened or the ache for what never will. Read out these painful quotes about death…
Quotes About Deaths With Images
1. The real question is not whether life exists after death, the real question is whether you are alive before death. – Osho
2. Life is hard. After all, it kills you. – Katharine Hepburn
3. You were unsure which pain is worse – the shock of what happened or the ache for what never will.
4. We understand death for the first time when he puts his hand upon one whom we love. – Madame de Stael
5. I think the hardest part of losing someone, isn’t having to say goodbye, but rather learning to live without them. Always trying to fill the void, the emptiness that’s left inside your heart when they go.
6. When someone you love dies, it hurts… it hurts in places that you never even knew you had.
7. People living deeply have no fear of death. – Anais Nin
8. Death takes the body. God takes the soul. Our mind holds the memories. Our heart keeps the love. Our faith lets us know we will meet again.
9. Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. – Norman cousins
10. There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they have gone the light remains.
Famous Quotes About Death and life
1. Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of life. – Haruki Murakami
2. To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. – J. K. Rowling
3. Death is the golden key that opens the palace of eternity. – John Milton
4. That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. – Emily Dickinson
5. Our dead are never dead to us until we have forgotten them. – George Eliot
6. Mostly it is the loss that teaches us the worth of things. – Arthur Schopenhauer
7. The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. – Mark Twain
8. We all die. The goal is not to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. – Chuck Palahniuk
9. Isn’t it sad that so often it takes facing death to appreciate life and each other fully. – Esther Earl
10. We can either laugh at the face of death or die trying not to. – James Grippando
Quotes About Death and Love
1. Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch. – Jack Thorne
2. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with their heart and soul there is no such thing as separation. – Rumi
3. The bitter tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
4. Those we love don’t go away they walk beside us every day unseen. Unheard but always near Still loved, still missed, and very dear.
5. Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. – Emily Dickinson
6. Love and death are the two great hinges on which all human sympathies turn. – B.R. Hayden
7. Life asked Death, Why do people love me, but hate you? Death responded because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth.
8. It is funny how most people love the dead, once you are dead, you are made for life. – Jimi Hendrix
9. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss. – Cassandra Clare
10. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Hellen Keller
Sad Quotes About Death
1. Tears are words that need to be written. – Paulo Coelho
2. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending…
3. Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer, is not gonna make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you care about used to be.
4. So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love. – E. A. Bucchianeri
5. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, but love leaves a memory that no one can steal.
6. The irony of grief is that the person that you need to talk about how you feel is the person who is no longer here.
7. The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are the ones that are never said and never explained.
8. Death ends a life, not a relationship.
9. Death comes to us all: We can only choose how to face it when it comes.
10. I am not afraid of death because I don’t believe in it. It is just getting out of one car, and into another. – John Lennon
Quotes About Death of a Loved One
1. When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.
2. In life, we loved you dearly, In death, we love you still. In our hearts you hold a place, no one else will ever fill.
3. Our joys will be greater, our love will be deeper, our life will be fuller because we shared your moment.
4. Memories are the one place we can visit those we have lost. Since memories are portable, we can take our lost loved ones with us anywhere at any time.
5. We loved him a lot but God loved him more.
6. Even when a river of tears courses through this body, the flame of love cannot be quenched. – Izumi Shikibu
7. Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our loved ones pour through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
8. When our loved ones cross over they take their memories and the best part of themselves and best of all, their love.
9. Goodbyes hurt the most when the story was not finished…
10. And now you have gone away and left us with the memories of your smile.
Heart-Touching Quotes About Death
1. How can the dead be truly dead when they still live in the souls of those who are left behind? – Carson Mccullers
2. Enjoy life. There is plenty of time to be dead. – Hans Christian Andersen
3. One cannot get through life without pain… What we can do is choose how to use the pain life presents to us. – Bernie S. Siegel
4. Death must be so beautiful. To lie the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one’s head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life… To be at peace. – Oscar Wilde
5. Death is not an end. It is a new impulse. – Henry Ward Beecher
6. Don’t lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.
7. Waiting in a life full of little stories for death to come.
8. Every person who has taken birth in this material world is destined to meet death, which is simply a matter of changing bodies, but no one except the Krishna conscious person knows where he will be going after this change of bodies.
9. Life is a small gap between birth and death. So in this gap be happy and try to make others happy. Enjoy every moment of life.
10. It is not length of life, but depth of life. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes About Death of a Friend
1. When friendship leaves us through death, we feel cheated in life. Life doesn’t play fair, so I vow to win the game for us both. – Amy Hoover
2. When a close friend unexpectedly leaves us, a piece of our heart is forever broken.
3. The comfort of having a friend may be taken away but not that of having had one. – Seneca
4. Walking the rest of the path of friendship alone is heartbreaking. – Amy Hoover
5. On the death of a friend, we should consider that the fates through confidence have devolved on us the task of a double living, that we have henceforth to fulfill the promise of our friend’s life also, in our own, to the world.
6. The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired. – Robert Southey
7. Tell your friend that in his death, a part of you dies and goes with him. wherever he goes, you also go. He will not be alone. – Jiddu Krishnamurti
8. If there is tomorrow when we are not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we are apart… I will always be with you. – Winnie The Pooh
9. In a bittersweet moment another angel has found its wings and set off on a flight safe into the arms of God and to those gone before them waiting and anticipating their arrival as they make their way into heaven. – Stormy L. Sammons
10. Farewell, my friend, till we meet again someday, somewhere.
Depressing Quotes About Death
1. I don’t want to die. I simply don’t want to exist. But sometimes I think that’s worse. Because I am stuck here, being miserable, but I am too much of a coward to do anything about it.
2. I don’t know how many times I have survived myself, without telling anyone else.
3. Every thought is a battle, every breath is a war, and I don’t think I am winning anymore.
4. Lost myself trying to please everyone, now I am losing everyone else trying to find myself.
5. I was so depressed, I could have died and not cared.
6. Today, I finally realized how little I mean to people. Nothing will change when I am no longer here. You will carry on, and act like I never meant a thing.
7. Sometimes It scares me how much I think about going out for a walk and never coming home how willing I am to leave everything I have and everyone I know.
8. Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It is the transition that is troublesome. – Isaac Asimov
9. I put this act on and pretend everything is okay when I am dying inside and just want someone to hold me and be there for me.
10. You can see many smiles every day, but you can never know whose world is actually upside down.
Heart Breaking Quotes About Death
1. Greif, after the initial shock of loss, comes in waves… When you are driving alone in your car, while you are doing the dishes, while you are getting ready for work… all of a sudden it hits you – how so very much you miss someone, and your breath catches, and your tears flow, and the sadness is so great that it is physically painful. – Nicole Gabert
2. When I die don’t you dare come to my grave and tell me you love me because those words were the only thing I would have needed to stay.
3. Never long for anyone from the past. There is a reason why they never made it to the future.
4. Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t. – Stephen King
5. No matter what I do to move on from this pain, deep down inside I will always know that I will never get to hug my mom again.
6. Though I saw it coming, it still hurts.
7. It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank god that such men lived. – George S. Patton
8. There is a sacredness in tears. They are not marks of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief… and unspeakable love. – Washington Irving
9. The moment you died, my heart was tore in two, one side filled with heartache, the other died with you, I often lie awake at night, when the world is fast asleep, and take a walk down memory lane, with tears upon my cheeks.
10. The loss is immeasurable. But so is the love left behind.
11. Darkness and death both exist within this loneliness.
Bible’s Quotes About Death
1. If we live, we live for the lord, and if we die, we die for the lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we belong to god. – Romans 14:8
2. Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this”? – John 11:25-26
3. Because of our God’s deep compassion, the dawn from heaven will break upon us, to give light to those who are sitting in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide us on the path of peace. – Luke 1:78-79
4. And this is the promise which he himself made for us: Eternal life. – John 2:25
5. Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise”. – Luke 23:43
6. Before the dust returns to the earth as it was before and the life-breath returns to God who gave it. – Ecclesiastes 12:7
7. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever. – Revelation 21:4
8. Even in death the righteous have refuge. – Proverbs 14:32
9. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death and burst their bonds apart. – PSALM 107:13-14
10. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. – Exodus 20:19
Be Strong Quotes About Death
1. I am not afraid of the dark because I know you are always there for me.
2. That they love beyond the world cannot be separated by it, death cannot kill what never dies. – William Penn
3. If you ever lose someone dear to you, never say the words they are gone. They will come back. – Prince
4. I did not think I was strong enough to survive deep grief. By no means was that a challenge to the universe, however, to throw as much as of it as possible at me. – Zoe Clark – Coates
5. You gave me a forever within the numbered days… – John Green
6. Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand. – Patti Smith
7. But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer. – Viktor E. Frankl
8. To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die. – Thomas Campbell
9. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. – Kahlil Gibran
10. When he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine, That all the world will be in love with night, and pay no worship to the garish sun. – William Shakespeare
Motivational Quotes About Death
1. Death never takes the wise man by surprise, he is always ready to go. – Jean De La Fontaine
2. We bereaved are not alone, we belong to the largest company in all the world – the company of those who have known the suffering. – Helen Keller
3. Death is a challenge, It tells us not to waste time. – Leo Buscaglia
4. They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time. – Banksy
5. Whenever grief tries to steal the beauty of your memories, just remember; Love never dies.
6. Fear not death, for the sooner we die, the longer we shall be immortal. – Benjamin Franklin
7. Grief is love with no place to go. – Jamie Anderson
8. The truth I have been seeking – this truth is death. Yet death is also a seeker. Forever seeking me. So – We have met at last. And I am prepared. I am at peace. – Bruce Lee
9. You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it. – J. K. Rowling
10. Fear does not stop death, it stops life.
Painful Quotes About Death
1. If I had looked back, would I have changed?
2. The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
3. Tears are words the mouth can’t say nor can the heart bear. – Joshua Wisenbaker
4. You were right and I was wrong. When life hurts more than death, it is not worth living. – Anne Fortier
5. A brush with death always helps us to live our lives better. – Paulo Coelho
6. it is strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. – Jim Morrison
7. Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death. – Coco Chanel
8. I think death hurts me less than this painful life. – Sayan
9. Death is not painful. It is the most beautiful experience you will have. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
10. Death is a painful element but it is not painful to the dead person. It is painful to his seekers or lovers. – Aarvy
Emotional Quotes About Death
1. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime. – Bette Davis
2. A heart does not have to stop beating to be dead.
3. “Death or heartbreak?” She asked him! Things Changed! They Broke each other hearts! Years passed! Just year! Pain remained! They met again! But they are not the same! The person they knew is no more! Heart still aches! The person died! He said, “Death was better!”
4. In these moments of heartbreaking grief, I remember the only reason we have an empty space is that we were blessed with someone who loved us so beautifully it occupied an entire part of our soul.
5. A father’s death is the most important event, the more heartbreaking and poignant loss in a man’s life. – Sigmund Freud
6. A million words would not bring you back, I know because I tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried.
7. Death is no more than passing from one room to another. But there is a difference for me, you know because in that other room I shall be able to see. – Helen Keller
8. It is crazy how someone who used to be a huge part of your life, can be gone in a second.
9. To die and part is less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment. – George Lansdowne
10. Where you used to be , there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
These are some of the lists of saddest quotes about death…!
Also Read: 20+ Quotes About Depression