Read this super list of Dalai Lama Quotes. The 14th Dalai Lama, Birth name Lhamo Dhondup, Also known as Tenzin Gyatso, To Tibetan people he is known by the name of Gyalwa Rinpoche, born on July 6, 1935, in Taktser in the Tibetan region of Amdo in Qinghai province. In the year 1937, he was formally selected as the tulku of the 13th Dalai Lama and was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai lama in 1939.
He is the current Dalai Lama, the highest spiritual leader of Tibet, his enthronement ceremony was held in Lhasa on February 22, 1940, and eventually assume full temporal duties on 17 November 1950, at the age of 15. After the PRC’s occupation of Tibet, During the Tibetan uprising in 1959 Dalai Lama escaped to India, where he continues to live in exile and advocates for the welfare of Tibetans. the 14th Dalai Lama received the Nobel Peace prize in 1989.
Dalai Lama Quotes With Images
1. Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. – Dalai lama
2. There are always problems to face, but it makes a difference if our minds are calm. – Dalai lama
3. Remember sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai lama
4. If it can be solved, there’s no need to worry, and if it can’t be solved, then worry is of no use. – Dalai lama
5. The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, & lovers of all kinds. – Dalai lama
6. The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred. – Dalai lama
7. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai lama
8. Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. – Dalai lama
9. If you think you’re too small to make a difference … try sleeping with a mosquito in the room. – Dalai lama
10. Anything that consumes your mind will control your life. – Dalai lama
11. No matter how educated or wealthy you are, if you don’t have peace of mind, you won’t be happy. – Dalai lama
12. As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings. – Dalai lama
13. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. – Dalai lama
14. Anger and hatred are signs of weakness, while compassion is a sure sign of strength. – Dalai lama
15. Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. – Dalai lama
16. Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay. – Dalai lama
17. Optimism doesn’t mean that you are blind to the reality of the situation. It means that you remain motivated to seek a solution to whatever problems arise. – Dalai lama
18. If you make others happy, you’ll be happy. If you make others unhappy, you’ll be miserable. – Dalai lama
19. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. – Dalai lama
20. When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits or by using the challenge to find our inner strength. – Dalai lama
Here are Some More Dalai Lama Quotes
1. He said, “there are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, belief, do, and mostly live”. – Dalai Lama
2. Compassion is the radicalism of our time. – Dalai Lama
3. Silence is sometimes the best answer. – Dalai Lama
4. Many of our problems stem from attitudes like putting ourselves first at all costs. – Dalai Lama
5. A loving atmosphere at your home is the foundation of your life. – Dalai Lama
6. The more you are motivated by love. The more fearless and free your action will be. – Dalai Lama
7. Happiness is not something ready-made. it comes from your own action. – Dalai Lama
8. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want you to be happy, practice compassion. – Dalai Lama
9. Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek. – Dalai Lama
10. In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision. – Dalai Lama
Empathy Dalai Lama Quotes
1. Whether one believes in a religion or not and whether one believes in rebirth or not there isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.
2. A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.
3. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
4. When educating the minds of your youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.
5. The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless & free your action will be.
6. One must be compassionate to one’s self before external compassion.
7. Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering.
8. Love is the absence of judgement.
9. The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatered.
10. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
These are some of our favorite Dalai Lama Quotes.
Also Read: 20+ Inspiring J.K. Rowling Quotes