Readout these inspirational Abraham Lincoln quotes, Abraham Lincoln was born on Feb 12, 1809. He is the 16th president of America from 1861-865. Abraham Lincoln let the nation through the American civil war, Civil war it was the countries greatest moral, constitutional, and political crisis. Abraham Lincoln consistently ranked one of the greatest presidents in the history of America.
Also, be sure to read the quotes, Audrey Hepburn.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
1. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
2. If I am killed, can die but once but to live in constant dread of it is to die over and over again.
3. To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.
4. My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.
5. Whatever you are, be a good one.
6. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
7. I am not bound to win. but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
8. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
9. In the end it’s not the years in your life that count it’s the life in your years.
10. When you reach the end of your hope, tie a knot and hang on.
11. Discipline is choosing between what you want now you and what you want most.
12. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
13. The philosophy of the schoolroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.
14. I walk slowly but never backward.
15. The best way to predict your future is to create it.
16. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
17. Teach the children so it will not be necessary to teach the adults.
Also-Read: Most Popular Barrack Obama quotes ever
Here some of GlobalQuotes favorite Abraham Lincoln Quotes
1. I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
2. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
3. When I do well, I feel good. When I do badly, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
4. I have always found that mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice.
5. Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
6. This is a world of compensation, and he who would be no slave must consent to have no slave. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves; and under a just God, cannot long retain it.
7. Do I not destroy my enemy when I make them friends?
8. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
9. Gold is good in its place; but loving, brave, patriotic men are better than gold.
10. My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last and best hope of earth.
11. There is no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. there is nothing good in war. Except it’s ending.
12. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
13. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
14. Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored.
15. The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise – with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew.
These some of our favorite Abraham Lincoln quotes.
Also Read: Mark Twain Quotes