MAHATMA GANDHI QUOTES IN ENGLISH
1. There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness.
2. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
3. You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
4. Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world, but to change ourselves.
5. The future depends on what we do in the present.
6. An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
7. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
8. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
9. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
10. Increase of material comforts, it may be generally laid down, does not in any way whatsoever conduce to moral growth.
11. First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
12. You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing there will be no results.
13. A man is but the product of His thoughts. What he thinks, He becomes.
14. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
15. Strength does not come from winning your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender. that is strength.
16. Be the change you want to see in the world.
17. When you are right, you have no need to be angry. When you are wrong, you have no right to be angry.
18. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
19. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
Here Some of More Mahatma Gandhi Quotes In English
1. Interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency. Man is a social being.
2. There is a higher court than a higher court of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts.
3. Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is the monster that swallows it up.
4. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there will be any fruit.
5. What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and one another.
6. Cultivation of tolerance for other faiths will impart us a truer understanding of our own.
7. God, like truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May he be so to every one of us.
8. The richest grace of ahimsa will descend upon the owner of hard discipline.
9. A man must arrange his physical and cultural circumstances so that they do not hinder him in his service of humanity, on which all his energies should be concentrated.
10. Unity to be real must stand the severest strain without breaking.
11. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.(Our Most favorite Mahatma Gandhi Quotes in English )
12. Constant development is the law of life and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
13. I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary, the evil it does is temporary.
14. Measures must be always in a progressive society held superior to men, who are after all imperfect instruments, working for their fulfillment.
15. Prayer is a confession of one’s own unworthiness and weakness.
16. I’m a lover of my own liberty, and so I would do nothing to restrict yours. I simply want to please my own conscience, which is God.
17. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
18. Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for his living?
19. Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
20. One med to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds.
21. When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.
22. The golden way is to be friends with the world and to regard the whole human family as one.
23. Man has always desired power. Ownership of property gives this power. Man hankers also after posthumous fame based on power.
24. If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
25. We may have our private opinions but why should they be a bar to the meeting of hearts?
26. An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.
27. A nation’s cultures reside in the heart and in the soul of its people.
28. The greater our innocence, the greater our strength, and the swifter our victory.
29. A man can never be a woman’s equal in the spirit of selfless service with which nature has endowed her.
Here Some Of GlobalQuotes favorite Mahatma Gandhi Quotes in English:
30. What is imprisonment to the man who is fearless of death itself.
31. I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self respect.
32. My religion is based on truth and non-violence. Truth is my God. Non-violence is the means of releasing him.
33. There is more to life than increasing its speed.
34. The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.
35. I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings.
36. Infinite striving to be the best is man’s duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God’s hands.
37. God’s word is He who strives never perishes’. I have implicit faith in that promise.
38. A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
39. He who would sacrifice his life for others has hardly time to reserve for himself a place in the sun.
40. Life and death are but phases of the same thing, the reverse, and obverse of the same coin. Death is as necessary for man’s growth as life itself.
41. Before the throne of the Almighty, man will be judged not by his acts but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts.
42. A man of few words will rarely be thoughtless in his speech; he will measure every word.
43. I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
44. There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.
45. The person who discovered the law of love was a far greater scientist than any of our modern scientists.
46. It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel honored by the humiliation of their fellow beings.
47. Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
48. Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
49. The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience.
50. Sanitation is more important than independence.
51. What is Truth? A difficult question; but I have solved it for myself by saying that it is what the “voice within” tells you.
52. Capital as such is not evil; it is its wrong use that is evil. Capital in some form or other will always be needed.
These are some of our favorite Mahatma Gandhi quotes in English, hope you enjoy it! Gandhi lovers…