Check out powerful H P Lovecraft quotes, Howard Phillips Lovecraft in short H. P. Lovecraft is an American author born on August 20, 1890, in Providence, the U.S. He wrote many short stories and novels. Lovecraft was a master of poetic language and he has a particularly high literary standard in a certain fiction genre.
Be sure to check out Elvis Presley quotes
H P Lovecraft Quotes:
1. The basis of all true cosmic horror is a violation of the order of nature, and the profound violations are always the least concrete and describable.
2. I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
3. I have seen the dark universe yawning where the black planets roll without aim where they roll in their horror unheeded, Without knowledge, or luster, or name.
4. Almost nobody dances sober unless they happen to be insane.
5. It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude.
6. Toil without song is like a weary journey without an end.
7. There be those who say that things and places have souls, and there be those who say they have not; I will tell of the street.
8. unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability.
9. I shall never be very merry or very sad, for I am more prone to analyze than to feel.
10. Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.
11. Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
12. Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people
13. The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
14. The basis of all true cosmic horror is a violation of the order of nature, and the profound violations are always the least concrete and describable.
15. The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
16. The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
17. Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer demoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.
18. That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange eons, even death may die.</span >
19. Wise men have interpreted dreams, and the gods have laughed.
20. And where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished, for the small hours were rent with the screams of nightmare
Some More Motivational H.P. Lovecraft Quotes
1. In my dreams I found a little of the beauty I had vainly sought in life, and wandered through old gardens and enchanted woods.
2. That which we call substance and reality is shadow and illusion, and that which we call shadow and illusion Is substance and reality.
3. to be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging, and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can and forget the rest.
4. I neither knew nor cared whether my experience was insanity, dreaming, or magic but was determined to gaze on brilliance gaiety at any cost.
5. We shall dive through black abysses… And in that lair of the deep ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory.
6. When the stars were right they could plunge from world to world through the sky, but when the stars were wrong they could not live.
7. We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
8. Ocean is more ancient than the mountains and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
9. Fear is our deepest and strongest emotion and the one which best lends itself to the creation of nature defying illusion.
10. He who passes the gateways always wins a shadow, and never again can he be alone.
11. We do not fear the unknown. We fear what We think we know about the unknown.
12. I have no illusions concerning the precarious status of my tales and do not expect to become a serious competitor of my favorite weird authors.
13. Blue, green, grey-white, or black: smooth. ruffled, or mountainous: that ocean is not silent.
14. If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.
15. Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity.
16. That’s because only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible or the physiology of tear.
17. the exact sort of Unes and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or hereditary memories of fright, and the proper color contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
18. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
19. In his house at rules, dead Cthulhu waits to dream.
20. The only saving grace of the present that it’s too damned stupid to question the past very closely.
21. It is good to be a cynic – it is better to be a contented cat – and it is not to exist at all.
These are some awesome H P Lovecraft quotes… hope you all enjoy these quotes…