I feel like I’m wearing a mask when I am out in public. I work with high school students and most of them spend a lot of time in my office because I am really good at letting people talk about what they need to. I think most of my family and friends like me for just that reason. Here are some Quotes About Depression to Help you with Expressing Your Unexpressable feelings.
10 Best Quotes About Depression with Images
1. I just wish you knew how difficult it is to get out of bed and act happy for the day when all you want to do is break down in tears.
2. Feelings deleted successfully.
3. Nobody knows how much this hurts.
4. Trust gets you killed love gets you hurt and being real gets you hated.
5. Monsters in our head are scarier than the monsters under our bed…
6. I like people who don’t need everyone to like them.
7. Depression is being colorblind and constantly told how colorful the world is. – Atticus
8. I will be okay just not today and probably not tomorrow.
9. What people never understand is that depression is not about the outside; it’s about the inside. – Jasmine Warga
10. One of the hardest parts of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder.
Stressed Quotes About Depression and Anxiety
1. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strengths. – Corrie Ten Boom
2. Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also harder to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden. It is easier to say, “my tooth is aching” than to say “my heart is broken”.
3. I didn’t want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that’s really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you are so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare. – Ned Vizzini
4. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you are defective – It just means you are human. – David Mitchell
5. It is very hard to explain to people who have never know about serious depression or anxiety the sheer continuous intensity of it. there is no off switch. – Matt Haig
6. Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being you and yourself.
7. Depression is like a bruise that never goes away. You just need to be careful not to touch it where it hurts. It’s always there though. – Jeffery Eugenides
8. No one wishes to have dark days, sleepless nights, grumpy mornings, and this endless dark tunnel with no sign that it ever ends. depression is not a choice.
9. I don’t think people understand how stressful it is to explain what is going on in your head when you don’t even understand it yourself.
10. The bravest thing I have ever done was continuing to live when I wanted to die. – Juliette Lewis
Read More >> Quotes About Anxiety
Short Quotes About Depression
1. I am exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel.
2. Depression, panic attacks, and anxiety are not signs of being weak. They are signs that a person has been too strong for too long.
3. Even strong hearts breaks. – R.H. Sin
4. Silent tears hold the loudest pain.
5. I am too tired for a long explanation.
6. No one is perfect, that’s why pencils have erasers.
7. There is hope even when your brain tells you there isn’t. – John Green
8. You will never understand the hell I feel inside my head.
9. Sometimes a hug is worth more than a thousand words.
10. And something inside me just… broke. That’s the only way I could describe it. – Ranata Suzuki
Sleepless Quotes About Depression in life
1. We try to hide our feelings, but we forget that our eyes speak.
2. No storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever. the storm is just passing over. – Iyanla Vanzant
3. Blaming myself for all the things going wrong in my life and the world, in general, is just the early stages, I soon graduate into thinking I deserve nothing more than cold silent isolation, and death.
4. The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and they can do is stare blankly.
5. I am not sure if I am depressed. I mean I am not sad but I am not happy either. I can laugh and joke and smile during the day, but sometimes when I am alone at night I forget how to feel.
6. The deepest fear we have, the fear beneath all fears; is the fear of not measuring up. The fear of judgment. It is this fear that creates the stress and depression of everyday life. – Tullian Tchividjian
7. It is better to cross the line and suffer the consequences than to just stare at that line for the rest of your life.
8. Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not, and often we call a man cold when he is only sad.
9. Deep inside where nothing is fine, I have lost my mind.
10. Never blame anyone in your life. The good people give you happiness. The bad people give you experience. The worst people give you lessons. The best people give you memories.
Motivational & Positive Quotes About Depression
1. Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you are not just a survivor. You are a warrior, and you are stronger than anything life throws your way. – Brooke Davis
2. The best cure for worry, depression, melancholy, brooding is to deliberately forth and try to lift with one’s sympathy the gloom of somebody else. – Arnold Bennett
3. Give yourself another day, another chance. You will find your courage eventually. Don’t give up on yourself just yet.
4. And if today all you did was hold yourself together, I am proud of you.
5. Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I am not going to make it, but you laugh inside – remembering all the times you have felt that way. – Charles Bukowski
6. Stay positive even when it feels like your life is falling apart.
7. Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do. – John wooden
8. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your affection. – Sharon Salzberg
9. Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. – Jacques Prevert
10. Don’t let life discourage you; Everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. Richard L. Evans
Quotes About Depression and Hope
1. Depression lies. It tells you, you have always felt this way, and you always will. But you have not, and you won’t. – Halley Cornell
2. When people talk about hope, I only imagine a time when I would be able to get out of my bed without thinking I am the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity.
3. Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with a real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep. – Clive Barker
4. Hold on to this hope: You can get better from depression.
5. I think if there is a great depression there might be some hope. – Lawrence Ferlinghetti
6. You will feel better than this, maybe not yet, but you will. You just keep living until you are alive again.
7. Depression is the most unpleasant thing I have ever experienced… it is that absence of being able to envisage that you will ever be cheerful again. The absence of hope. that very deadened feeling, which is so very different from feeling sad. Sad hurts but it is a healthy feeling. It is a necessary thing to feel. Depression is very different. – J. K. Rowling
8. Learn from yesterday, Live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein
9. Anything that instills a sense of hope will at least temporarily help treat depression. – Irving Kirsch
10. It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars. – Richard Evans
Quotes About Depression and Love
1. You are strong. You are beautiful. You are resilient. You are loved. You are capable. You are not weak. You are, not defected. You are not weird. You are not a lost cause. You are not different.
2. Some friends don’t understand this. They don’t understand how desperate I am to have someone say, I love you and I support you just the way you are because you are wonderful just the way you are. They don’t understand that I can’t remember anyone ever saying that to me. – Elizabeth Wurtzel
3. Here I am again. Feeling like I am not wanted. Feeling like I am worthless. And even though I am alive, feeling like the dead.
4. Sometimes we just say “I just want you to be happy”, but deep inside in our hearts we know, we still want to be their happiness.
5. She knew she was really sad when she stopped loving the things she loved. – Atticus
6. It is both blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply.
7. Depressed means you need deep rest from the character you have been playing in the world. – Jim Carrey
8. The broken will always be able to love harder than most because once you have been in the dark. you learn to appreciate everything that shines.
9. Depression is when you have lots of love, but no one’s taking it.
10. Depression is, in part, grief for your own life not turning out how it should, grief for your own needs not being not met. – Johann Hari
Quotes About Depression and Loneliness
1. Sometimes when I say “I am okay”, I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say “I know you are not”.
2. The saddest thing is when you are feeling real down, you look down and realize that there is no shoulder for you.
3. I wanna save everyone from pain, depression, loneliness, and heartache, but how can I that if I can’t save myself.
4. Sometimes the person who tries to keep everyone happy is the most lonely person.
5. My thoughts were destroying me. I tried not to think but the silence was a killer too.
6. Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunset and makes night air smell better. – Henry Rollins
7. I will never forget how depression and loneliness felt good and bad at the same time. – Henry Rollins
8. I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you are not alone. – Dwayne Johnson
9. I need one of those long hugs where you kind of forgets whatever else is happening around you for a minute. – Marilyn Monroe
10. My life is just one constant battle between wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely.
Deep Pain Quotes About Depression
1. There are times when explanations, no matter how reasonable, just don’t seem to help. – Fred Roger
2. Depression is feeling as though there is something amiss and you can never figure out what it is.
3. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. – Laurell K. Hamilton
4. There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, “there now, hang on, you will get over it”. Sadness is more or less like a head cold, and with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer. – Barbara Kingsolver
5. Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.
6. Mental illness lives all around us every day. I have seen it in other family members, I have seen it in friends, and I have dealt with it myself with my own postpartum depression. – Rachel Hollis
7. Smiling has always been easier than explaining why you are sad.
8. Change your thoughts and you will change your world.
9. Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness, they may not wear it on their sleeves, but it is there if you look deep – Taraji P. Henson
10. I have always liked depressing music because a lot of times, listening to it when you are down can actually make you feel less depressed. Also, even though a person may have problems with depression, sometimes you can actually be kind of comfortable in that space because you know how to operate within it.
11. Do you not see how needed a world of problems and pains is to school an intelligence and make it a soul.
Also-Read: 50+ Heart-Breaking Deep Quotes About Hurting
Hope this article on quotes about depression will help you to understand your depression status in your life. Check these quotes which will help to fight your depression…