Read out this curated list of quotes about fear. You must realize that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you generate. Do not misunderstand me, Risk is very real, but fear is a choice.
Quotes About Fear with Images
1. Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported.
2. Extreme fear can neither fight nor fly. – William Shakespeare
3. Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.
4. Never trust your fears they don’t know your strength. – Athena Singh
5. Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that is the one that is going to help you grow. – Caroline Myss
6. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
7. Feel the fear and do it anyway. – Susan Jeffers
8. Fear does not stop death, it stops life.
9. F.E.A.R.: Forget everything and run or face everything and rise.
10. Thinking will not overcome fear but action will. – W. Clement Stone
Quotes About Fear and Control
1. The fears we don’t face become our limits
2. Fear is a choice.
3. Do not be afraid, our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift. – Dante Alighieri
4. Do the things you fear to do and keep on doing it… That is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear. – Dale Carnegie
5. Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. – Dabe Ruth
6. If you look into our own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear? – Confucius
7. Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out. – Benjamin Franklin
8. Being brave is not the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it. – Bear Grylls
9. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
10. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
11. Fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in the way of progress In overcoming our fear, we can move forward, stronger and wiser within ourselves.
12. Fear is an idea crippling, experience crushing, success stalling inhibitor inflicted only by yourself. – Stephanie Melish
13. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. – Yoda
14. The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one. – John C. Maxwell
15. Everything you want is on the other side of fear. – Jack Canfield
Quotes About Fear and Power
1. Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts… perhaps the fear of a loss of power. – John Steinbeck
2. The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth will really set you free. – Ophrah Winfrey
3. It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of the power corrupts those who are subject to it. – Aung San Suu Kyi
4. No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear. – Edmund Burke
5. You can’t underestimate the power of fear. – Patricia Nixon
6. Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by the acts of love. Power based on love is thousand times more effective and permanent than the one derived from fear of punishment. – Mahatma Gandhi
7. Where there is fear, there is power. – Starhawk
8. He who fears something gives it power over him.
9. If you have no fear, no one has power over you. – John Maeda
10. We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear. – Martin Luther King Jr.
11. The less you fear, the more power you will have and the more fully you will live. – Robert Greene
12. Power on one side, fear on the other, are always the buttresses on which irrational authority is built. – Erich Fromm
13. What I fear most is power with impunity. I fear abuse of power and the power to abuse. – Isabel Allende
14. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
15. Courage is the power of the mind to overcome fear. – Martin Luther King Jr.
Quotes About Fear and Love
1. I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear. – Oprah Winfrey
2. Fear and love can never be experienced at the same time. It is always our choice as to which of these emotions we want. – Gerald Jampolsky
3. When you love a person all fear disappears. And when you are afraid all love disappears.
4. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
5. To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead. – Bertrand Russell
6. There are only two emotions: love and fear. All positive emotions come from love, all negative emotions from fear. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
7. The choice that frees or imprison is the choice of love or fear. Love liberates. Fear imprisons. – Gary Zukav
8. Dream without fear. Love without limits.
9. Everything we do in life is based on fear, especially love. – Mel Brooks
10. The opposite of love is fear, not hate. – Yoko Ono
11. Hate is not the first enemy of love, fear is. It destroys your ability to trust.
12. They who cannot be induced to fear for love will never be enforced to love for fear. Love opens heart, fear shuts it; that encourages, this compels; and victory meets encouragement, but flees compulsion. – Francis Quarles
13. A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love. – Marianne Williamson
14. Since love and fear can hardly exist together if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. – Niccolo Machiavelli
15. The whole secret to existence is to have no fear. – Swami Vivekananda
Quotes About Fear To Overcome It
1. Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person. – Seth Godin
2. He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves. – Cheryl Strayed
4. What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? – Vincent Van Gogh
5. There is no illusion greater than fear. – Lao Tzu
6. There is no failure except in trying no longer. – Elbert Hubbard
7. Don’t let your fear of what could happen to make nothing happen.
8. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. Nothing in life is to be feared. It is to be understood. – Marie Curie
10. Most people are paralyzed by fear. Overcome it and take charge of your life and your world.
11. It is okay to be scared. Being scared means you are about to do something really, really brave. – Mandy Hale
12. Life is too short to let fear make the big decision for you.
13. don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning. – Robert Kiyosaki
14. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and thinkn about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
15. Courage is knowing what not to fear. – Plato
16. Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears. – Rudyard Kipling
Quotes About Fear and Faith
1. Fear and faith are the same thing, the only difference is that fear is faith in the wrong direction.
2. Faith and fear both demand you believe in something you cannot see. You choose!. – Bob Proctor
3. Fear shuts the door to faith, and faith shuts the door to fear. – Gloria Copeland
4. Fear is faith in reverse gear. – Napoleon Hill
5. Let your faith be bigger than your fear.
6. Fear and faith cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time. – Neil L. Anderson
7. Faith is not a feeling. It is a choice to trust God even when the road ahead seems uncertain.
8. When fear knocks on your door, send faith to answer.
9. Faith is the only known cure for fear. – Lena Sadler
10. Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends. – Shirley Maclaine
11. Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow.
12. Live by faith and not by fear. – Quentin L. Cook
13. If ever we are to live by faith, then we must forever guard our thoughts against fear. – Orlando Rowe
14. Fear cannot exist in the presence of faith. Fear only exists because you feel that you are not in control. Give up the need to be in control, take a leap in faith and fear will vanish like the mist in the morning sun. – John Harricharan
15. Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
16. Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be. You must move against it with the weapon of faith and love. – Rick Warren
17. God has brought you through before, and he will bring you through again. Make a decision each day, to choose faith over fear. – Joel Osteen
Quotes About Fear and Failure
1. It is not failure itself that holds you back; It is the fear of failure that paralyzes you. – Brian Tracy
2. It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
3. Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid of not trying.
4. There is only one thing that makes dreams impossible to achieve: The fear of failure. – Paulo Coelho
5. Don’t fear failure. Fear the absence of progress.
6. Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street. – Zig Ziglar
7. Don’t fear failure. Be afraid of not having the chance, you have the chance! – Sally Carrera (Cars 3)
8. Don’t fear failure. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: Could Have, Might Have, and should have.
9. Fear of failure leads to failure. – Paulo Coelho
10. Fear stops a lot of people. Fear of failure, of the unknown, of risk. And it masks itself as procrastination. – Lisa Anderson
11. I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times I have been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeeded. – Michael Jordan
12. He who has overcome his fears will truly be free. – Aristotle
13. Don’t fear failure, Not failure, but low aim is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail. – Bruce Lee
14. I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate. – George Burns
15. If you are not failing every now and again, it is a sign you are not doing anything very innovative. – Woody Allen
Quotes About Fear and Courage
1. Fear is A reaction. Courage is a decision. – Winston Churchill
2. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. – Mark Twain
3. Your life unfolds in proportion to your courage.
4. Without fear there cannot be courage. – Christopher Paolini
5. Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. – Maya Angelou
6. What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. – Ambrose Redmoon
8. Bravely overcoming one small fear gives you the courage to take on the next. – Daisaku Ikeda
9. Courage does not mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.
10. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. – Winston Churchill
Also-Read: 20+ Incredible Overthinking Quotes