William Shakespeare was a widely known poet, playwright, and actor. He is considered one of the most important literary figures in the English language. His work consists of 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and a few verses, some of the uncertain authorship, including collaboration. His plays have been translated into almost every language and are played most often than other plays. His plays are also continued to be reinterpreted and studied. Read out these interesting Shakespeare quotes also read this charles dickens quotes.
William Shakespeare Quotes
1. If we are true to ourselves, we cannot be false to anyone.
2. There are three people in yourself: who people think you are, who think you are, and who you really are.
3. One may smile and smile, and a villain.
4. I do desire we may be better strangers.
5. I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.
6. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
7. We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
8. By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
9. The expectation is the root of all heartache.
10. When I saw you tell in love, and you smiled because you knew.
11. If music is the food of love, play on.
12. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged cupid painted blind.
13. If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
14. What’s in a name? a rose by any name would smell as sweet.
15. The course of true love never did run smooth.
16. I am one who loved not wisely but too well.
17. There nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
18. Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
19. Some are born Great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
20. All that glitters is not gold.
Best William Shakespeare Quotes
1. Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined and breaks all chains from every mind.
2. The lunatic, the lover, and the poet are of imagination all compact.
3. This above all, to thine own self, be true.
4. Hell is all empty all devils are here.
5. With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
6. I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
7. Have more than you show, speak less than you know.
8. If love is blind, it best agrees with night.
9. Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.
10. When words fail, music speaks.
Must-Read: Best ever H.P Lovecraft quotes for education
Powerful William Shakespeare Quotes
1. Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.
2. Love me or hate me, both are in my favor… If you love me, I’ll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I’ll always be in your mind.
3. The Eyes are the window to your soul.
4. To be, or not to be, that is the question.
5. Brevity is the soul of wit.
6. If money goes before, all ways do lie open.
7. Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush stumble and fall.
8. How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.
9. Fishes live in the sea, as men do a- land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
10. Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
11. Be not afraid of greatness Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.
12. Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore, So do our minutes, hasten to their end.
13. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
14. A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
15. Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.
16. What’s done is done.
17. It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
18. The earth has music for those who listen.
19. When we are born we cry that we have come to this great stage of fools.
20. If to do were as easy as to know what we’re good to do chapels had been churches and poor men’s cottage Prince’s palaces.
21. Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall.
22. There is no darkness but ignorance.
William Shakespeare Quotes on Life
1. Though this be madness, yet there is method in “t”.
2. The courage of true love never did run smooth.
3. My drops of tears I’ll turn to sparks of fire.
4. Self love is not so vile a sin as self neglecting.
5. Nothing will come of nothing. we must dare mightly things.
6. Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.
7. Don’t waste your love on somebody, who doesn’t value it.
8. we are such stuff as dreams are made on, and out little life is rounded with a sleep.
9. If the music be the food of love play on.
10. Since all is well, keep it so: wake not a sleeping wolf.
- 25+ Popular William Faulkner Quotes About Time
- 50+ Most Popular Ernest Hemingway Quotes
- Top 50+ Nelson Mandela Quotes You Should Read Once
William Shakespeare Quotes About Love
1. Love is the most beautiful of dreams and the worst of nightmares.
2. What’s in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
3. When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.
4. Alas, that love, so gentle in his view, should be so tyrannous and roughin proof!
5. Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.
6. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged cupid painted blind.
7. This above all: to thine own self be true.
8. Speak low if you speak love.
9. I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest.
10. Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say goodnight till it is morrow.
11. Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. v
William Shakespeare Quotes on Success
1. How poor are they that have not patience! what wound did ever heal but by degrees?
2. Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
3. To do a great right do a little wrong.
4. Things without all remedy should be without regard: what’s done is done.
5. Double, double, toil and trouble; fire, burn; and caldron, bubble.
6. We have seen better days.
7. Listen to many, speaks to a few.
8. Such a nature, Tickled with good success, disdains the shadow Which he treads on at noon.
9. Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
10. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare Quotes About Hope
1. I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.
2. A high hope for a low heaven: God grant us patience!
3. In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility.
4. How irksome is this music to my heart! When such strings jar, what hope of harmony?
5. Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.
6. The miserable have no others medicine, but only hope.
7. To be or not to be: that is the question.
8. Knowledge is the curse of God: knowledge is the wing where we fly to heaven.
9. You pay a great deal too dear for what’s given freely.
10. True hope is swift, and flies with swallow’s wings; Kings it makes gods and meaner creatures kings.
William Shakespeare Quotes About happiness
1. When a father gives to his son both laugh when a son gives to his father, both cry.
2. There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is.
3. Fair thoughts and happy hours attend on you.
4. I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends.
5. Self-love is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting.
6. The object of art is to give life a shape.
7. For she had eyes and choose me.
8. Make not your thoughts your prison.
9. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
10. A smile cures the wounding of a frown.
William Shakespeare Quotes About Friendship
1. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still gently allows you to grow.
2. A friend is one who knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have becomes, and still, gently allows you to grow.
3. Words are easy, like the wind; faithful friends are hard to find.
4. Friendship is constant in all other things.
5. Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
These are the biggest writer William Shakespeare quotes which will teach your life in quotes…