Ernest Hemingway, in full Ernest Miller Hemingway, born on July 21, 1899, in Illinois, U.S., and died on July 2, 1961, in Ketchum, Idaho. Ernest Hemingway was an American novelist, and short-story writer also a good sportsman. He Was awarded the Nobel prize for Literature in 1954. Ernest Hemingway is the most popular writer ever. Here are some of our Favorite quotes from Ernest Hemingway.
Ernest Hemingway Quotes
1. There is no friend as loyal as a book.
2. A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings. for one reason or another may hide their feelings but a cat does not.
3. Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual.
4. Go all the way with it. Do not back off. For once, go all the goddamn way with what matters.
5. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.
6 True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
7. My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
8. Mistakes are proof that you’re trying.
9. It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
10. We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in.
11. You’ll ache. And you’re going to love it. It will crush you. And you’re still going to love all of it.
12. All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.
13. The first and final thing you have to do in this world is to last it and not be smashed by it.
14. You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.
15. Stop chasing the wrong one. The right one won’t run.
Ernest Hemingway Quotes on Life
1. Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too.
2. The shortest answer is doing the thing.
3. Nobody likes to live anchor.
4. And chase hard and good, and with no mistakes and do not overrun them.
5. But a man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
6. If the wind rises it can push us against the flood when it comes.
7. I said that I did not believe anyone could any way except the very best he could write without destroying his talent.
8. I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?
9. Courage is grace under pressure.
10. She was all velvet, smoke, and rouge and God helps the man who loved her.
Ernest Hemingway Quotes from Book
1. Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.
2. Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
3. You shouldn’t write if you can’t write.
4. Don’t worry you have always written before and you will write now.
5. But life isn’t hard to manage when you’ve nothing to lose.
6. If something is wrong. fix it. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing.
7. There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
8. Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.
9. All the bad writers are in love with the epic.
10. Write hard and clear about what hurts.
11. We ate well and cheaply and drink well and cheaply and slept well and warm together and loved each other.
12. I drink to make other people more interesting.
13. Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.
14. Every time I put my arms around you, I felt that I was home.
Ernest Hemingway Quotes on Love
1. If two people love each other there can be no happy ending to it.
2. I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
3. The man who has begun to live more seriously withing begins to live more simply without.
4. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
5. We’re stronger in the places that we’ve been broken.
Short Ernest Hemingway Quotes
1. Cowards die a thousand deaths, But the brave only die once.
2. When you stop doing things for fun. You might as well be dead.
3. Being against evil doesn’t make you good.
4. Wine is a grand thing, “I said”. It makes you forget all the bad.
5. Never confuse movement with action.
6. Know how complicated it is and then state it simply.
7. Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
8. “Why do old men wake so early? Is it to have one longer day?”
9. Life isn’t hard to manage when you’ve nothing to lose.
10. Never mistake motion for action.
Best Ernest Hemingway Quotes
1. When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.
2. An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
3. I order to write about life first you must live it.
4. If she did wild or wicked things, it is because she could not help them.
5. All things truly wicked start from innocence.
6. Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
7. We would be together and have our books and at night be warm in bed together with the windows open and the star bright.
8. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: worry never fixes anything.
9. Only those who are prepared to go too far can possibly know how far they can go.
10. Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today. It’s been the way all this year. It’s been that way so many times.
Thank You for reading these Ernest Hemingway quotes. hope! everyone enjoyed it.
Also-Read: Shakespeare most popular Quotes Ever